Welcome

A compilation of Animator Terry Ibele's work in stop motion animation and claymation

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

NEW MATION

Long time, no mations! Well, I just got a SWEET camera (check it out!) courtesy of my fine older brother (check him out!) and I have been dying to put into into use!

As I was thinking of an idea, I was also throwing out my old school notebooks and stumbled upon a page from my third year Human Resources class that had a little animation story on it (don't pay any attention to the notes, haha).



Here's the plot:

  • Platypus 1 (P1) is the reception guy at some store. He makes some tea and drinks it too.
  • Platypus 2 (P2) comes sliding in from the right. Sparks fly from his feet.
  • P 2 stops and asks P 1 "Do you sell boots?"
  • P 1 says "We have no boots left!" P 1 then overturns the reception table and reveals that he was secretly wearing a pair of boots.
  • P 2's eyes turn into lazers and he melts P 1.
  • As P 2 stands there satisfied, the boots float to the top of P 1's meltedness.
Here is a picture of all the replacement parts and stuff that I made yesterday
(click on the images to make them GIGANTIC, thanks to my amazing camera from my amazing brother)

Here are some tests of the firefeet and lazereyes

And here are the two Platypi in all their glory
P1: P2:

3 comments:

  1. So P2 is basically a mugger?! I feel sorry for P1, though he does have an untrustworthy monobrow and reminds me of the chap from the 'Go Compare' TV adverts (probably only seen in the UK).

    Nice to have you updating again, look forward to the finished short. I like these characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen the "Go Compare" ads, I'll have to go check them out.

    Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT POST MAN!!!

    and very excited about your short.

    jriggity

    ReplyDelete